Outgoing Ports Are Blocked
restricts port access as a result of the shared hosting environment. In this environment every account on a server shares a single IP address. As a result, some ports are blocked because no single account is assigned the IP address for the box.
To gain access to these ports, it is necessary to lease a dedicated IP address through .
- Purchasing a dedicated IP address allows your account to have access to these ports.
- Another reason is to have access to ports which are normally closed on the shared IP address.
- On a shared IP address, non-standard ports are closed
In a Shared Hosting environment, where everyone shares the same IP, some ports must be blocked. We block access to certain ports to help avoid having security holes in the firewall, and to allow us to monitor and control customers who attempt to abuse the different services that we allow to run through these ports. The majority of processes requiring specific Port Access typically are bound to the IP address which they are running on. On a shared IP only one service can run through a specific port from that IP. We have only opened the ports for processes which we are running on our servers (webmail, cPanel, etc.). Purchasing a dedicated IP will allow us to grant you access to the ports you will need to run your specific services on. This applies to both outbound and inbound connections running on non-standard ports.
These ports will not be automatically be opened, after purchasing a dedicated IP address.
You will need to contact us and request the ports that you would like to be open.
We will add the rquested ports with our any additional charges.
requires that you pay for the dedicated IP address.
- The reason you are charged is because has to purchase the IP addresses.
- Leasing the IP addresses is done in large batches to minimize costs.
- The cost of leasing a dedicated IP address is $2.50 a month, paid in advance, which comes to $30.00 a year ?? this cost is prorated according to time remaining on your current hosting plan.
Purchase a Dedicated IP:
If you would like to purchase a dedicated IP, please log into the cPanel of your hosting account and click the Domain Manager icon. Press the Dedicated IP tab and follow the wizard's guide to purchase. You will be charged and the dedicated IP will be automatically installed.
Keywords: restrict port access dedicated IP extra fee ip IP ssl PORT ACCESS DEDICATED FEE REQUIRE DOES EXTRA