After creating your database through your control panel you can connect and manage it the following ways:
If you have Helm control panel PhpMyAdmin is an easy to use web based administrator interface which is accessible at:
xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip of your control panel or the ip of your domain if it already resolves
If you have Plesk control panel, you can use it's built in function to manage your databases. This option is only available if your domain resolves to our server since it uses mssql.yourdomain.com subdomain to reach this feature.
- log into your control panel
- click on Databases
- click on the name of the database you want to manage
- click on DB WebAdmin
MySQL Tools is a very popular management tool written by Toolmagic Software. It can be downloaded from http://www.mysqltools.com/download.htm and it's free for evaluating and personal purposes. To configure it:
- open MySQL Explorer
- the ip of your control panel or the ip of your domain if it already resolves
Login Name: the username you given at database creation in your control panel.
Password: the password you given at database creation in your control panel.
Select Use SQL Server authentication radio button.
What should I check if I'm still unable to connect?
- Check if you are using the proper ip address
- Check if you are using the proper login name
- Check if you are using the proper password
- Check if port 3306 is open by your firewall or proxy server on your local network
- Check if MySQL Explorer can communicate with the Internet (not disabled by your personal firewall)