This is fairly easy to accomplish.
Most important is that you do NOT notify your current hosting company. Here is a step by step guide:
- You need a hosting account with . You can order a hosting account by submitting an order here: http://www..com/sign_up_now.html .
- After your account has been setup, you will receive an account setup email within an hour or two after signing up. You can then upload your files and create your email accounts.
- Now you can go ahead and request a domain transfer with your domain registrar. Point the domain name to our name servers (we can help you with that) and wait until the changes have propagated. You will be sent a transfer email once you sign up that will provide you with our name servers. (ns1..com and ns2..com)
- About 24 to 48 hours later, your domain should be pointing to your new hosting account with and your website as well as emails should still be up and running without any problems.
- Let a few days pass by just to make sure your domain points to your hosting account everywhere in the world. You can now cancel your old hosting account with your old hosting company / email provider.
Keywords: getting started downtime