- Log into your cPanel account.
- Locate the Preferences menu.
- Locate and click on the Change Password icon.
- The Change Password menu will appear. Make sure to close any browser pages except for your cPanel page and this tutorial.
- Enter your current password in the Old Password text box.
- Enter your new password in the New Password text box.
- Enter your new password in the New Password (again) text box.
- Click on the Change your password now! button. This will take you to a completion page.
- Click on the RELOGIN option. This will take you to a sign in page.
- You will then need to clear your browsers cookies, cache, browser history, and passwords [FireFox Only]. Once you have finished the above steps close all open browser pages and reboot your system.
Once your system is restarted log directly into your cPanel through your websites url. In a web browser, type out your websites address followed by /cpanel. Example: [http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel.
A pop up dialog box will appear. You will need to enter in your UserName [8 Characters]and your NEW Password! and press [OK]. If you have difficulty logging in with your NEW Password please contact our support staff as quickly as possible.
Keywords: passwords password protect change cPanel strong how do i ? I