My process for my script / program is timing out after 5 minutes.
The program or script you run on your site may require a process to run longer than 5 minutes.
- On a shared IP address, the process will terminate at the 5 minute mark (300 seconds).
- With a dedicated IP address, processes are allowed to run for more than 5 minutes as long as they aren't consuming too much of the server's memory, which would result in a CPU exceeded error.
- CPU exceeded errors can occur both on a shared and a dedicated IP address.
- Certain voice chat programs require a dedicated IP address before they can be setup and used.
- If you have a program that sends out emails every so many seconds, such as from a mailing list program like DaDa Mail, then you would need to get a dedicated IP address, if it's going to take more than 5 minutes to send out the emails.
A dedicated IP address will help when processes from scripts or programs, which don't consume too much CPU, need to run in the background for longer than 5 minutes
Keywords: timing out stop responding stopped process more than 300 seconds stops quits ends terminated terminates five minute