SSL Certificates (Secure Socket Layer)
On your computer, you can see it as the little padlock in the bottom right-hand corner of your browser, when you send or collect information online. If you go to an unsecured website, you transmit information over many computers and networks, practically inviting hackers to steal passwords and credit card information. That's not something you want to subject your customer or clients to.
SSL Certificates are absolutely essential for any website collecting sensitive information online.
- SSL is a Secure Socket Layer protocol which is responsible for creating secure communication between client and server.
- This is done by both server and client authentication and the negotiation of an encryption algorithm and cryptographic keys.
- This helps show that your site is secure and is trusted so that clients are comfortable making secure transactions through your site.
- If you will be accepting credit card payments online, then a Comodo SSL Certificate is right for you.
has sold Rapid SSL Certificates in the past. And as of 08/2008, we now exclusively sell Comodo SSL Certificates.
- Using a Comodo SSL certificate ensures that private, sensitive information is not intercepted by an unrelated third party.
- To make sure that no hacker can intercept and misuse information being collected online, our Comodo SSL Certificates use 256 bit encryption.
- This level of encryption secures and protects your website's data from hackers.
- With this critical protection in place, you can feel confident that any information collected online can only be decoded by the intended parties.
Since SSL Certificates are Domain/IP specific, you must first purchase a dedicated IP before purchasing or having an SSL Certificate installed on your account. They will NOT work with a shared IP address.
SSL certificates are issued in the format of https://www.domain.com.
Keywords: cert cert. certs cert.s cert.'s cert's cerrtificate secure socket layer 128 bit encryption e-commerce ecommerce shopping online accept credit card payments